Thursday, January 13, 2011

Front Shock mounts and Radiator







This week I am finally getting something done after Christmas. Christmas was great Kids, grand kids, but getting back to the grind suits me fine!



Front shocks and how to mount them? I decided that since the Jaguar rear had the shocks mounted to the cage and I had dumped the rubber cage to body mounts and mounting it solid then mounting the shocks to the front cross member would work. I have bolted it in so can all ways get rid of it and mount the upper shock mounts to the frame if I have to.



The Radiator is a 74 Dodge 1/2 ton for a big V8 and just needs a little trim on the rad outer flange and in it goes. I have been wondering the Rad {aluminum} weighs 15 lbs and holds about one gallon of water for a total of 25 lbs. If I mount it with 8 bolts that is 4 on each side equals about 3 lbs a bolt would that work or should I find some kind of rubber saddle to support it? Help me out here. Happy to say that the inner fender panels only need a slight hammer work to clear the shock mounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment