Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bonneville Speed week.2010



What a GREAT TIME! A friend and I left for the salt flats on Aug 12 it takes two days for us to get there. I thought we had a long way until I met some of the east coast guys driving coupes and roadsters then one with a 37 touring!. They drive thousands of miles we drove 900 one way.
This the second time I have been there,the first was in 1999 my son and I went and camped at the end of the road now called the bend in the road. There were about 25 campers and we took the teardrop. Some guys from salt lake city brought 11 VW engine blocks and piled them up and started a fire. magnesium VW blocks sure burn BRIGHT! Could have seen it from the moon!
This time there were hundreds,tents,fancy campers,motor homes,trailers you name it. Surprised by the number of trailers pulling old rods,rat rods,turd rods and gorgeous completed old cars. All got driven on the salt,even saw Good Guys Mr Meadors with his yellow 29 roadster on the salt.
The 32 roadster I took the photo of at 5:30 AM as the sun was coming up Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment