Saturday, October 2, 2010

September 2010 Progress












This is the latest It has been a year since my last post. I have the front and rear assy in and complete. Brakes are nearly done just a couple of brake lines and bleed the system,the master cyl is Jaguar which uses a remote fill so that will be plumbed later.

I changed the tranny from a four speed to a five,now it is a New Venture 3500 hope that will work out as I like the floor shift position.

The clutch is Hyd and I made a jack shaft and bushings so that it all remains under the floor.

Notice on the front view that the Chev engine is off set 1 1/2 inches to the right and the rear diff pinion input is also offset so it all lines up. I did this to give room for the Jag rack and pinion steering to clear the exhaust manifold. Finished off the steering shaft and column mounts and then took the cab off to get the exhaust done and some small jobs like emergency cable routing.

I have a good 305 chev engine which I may use as I want decent gas mileage and the 350 with the 350 horse 327 Hyd cam may be to much all I want is a driver,might use a Q jet four barrel.

The suspension is from a V12 Jaguar hope it rides OK and is not to stiff,also Do not want the truck to be a ground dragger but expect it to be dropped about four inches in back and about five up front.

That's all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment