Friday, August 10, 2012

Front sheet metal

Today I am fitting the front fenders. I have good steel and sandblasted them  and primed and epoxyed the under side so  all goes well.
As you can see on the top photo the curve is off so I will modify the bend to conform with the fender curve. It will look a lot better if I tuck the bumper in another two inches closer to the fenders.
My plan is to have the truck a red colour slightly flattened,the grill back section will be cream and the bumpers will also be cream. I think if I can find a pin stripper do do some lines it would also be cream.
This is a slow project as I have so many other things on the go but it is low buck as I do everything myself. That is until I pester Nick and use his lathe and 50 ton press which is a must for some of these items.
Am working on getting a Canadian Mercury truck grill, they are four bars instead of five. That means I will not be able to use the original park-turn lights. But am sure I can come up with someting that will look good and work well. The stainless bar covers on the Merc have a neat groove or step in them and a paint highlite. All the ones I have seen use a red highlite.
Bye for now.
27TV8

No comments:

Post a Comment